Happy 5th anniversary to us…and all of you! We couldn’t do this show without you, and we are so proud of this body of work. Whether you’ve been here say day 1 or you just subscribed this week, we are so grateful for your support.
Today, we are walking down memory lane and chatting about some of our iconic episodes (Mouse in the House, anyone?!).
Then, we’re joined by a VERY special guest — Dr. Imani Walker from Bravo’s Married to Medicine. She’s here to give us some SOLID tips for staying sane during this quarantine, since it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting out any time soon. We’re going to talk about:
- What is doomscrolling, and why should you stop? (39:20)
- What’s the connection between the toilet paper shortage and anti-maskers? (41:40)
- What are the things we can do to bring back a sense of normalcy and control in our lives? (45:38)
- How do we learn to give ourselves a break? (51:15)
- The value of Black folks talking so openly about therapy (1:01:39)
- Why do we love our destructive habits so much? (1:06:45)
It was an honor to have Dr. Imani on the show, and we hope you got something out of it like we did. To learn more about her, check out:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices