We missed y’all last week! And this week is a bit of a different show. We’ve talked before on the show about the amazing organization Higher Heights. They’re a 501(c)(3) that is building a national civic engagement infrastructure and network to strengthen Black women’s leadership capacity. This week we’re talking to one of the founders of Higher Heights, Glynda C Carr. In this interview we’ll learn:
- (6:10) How Black women have been the architects of our democracy
- (8:45) Just how big a deal is it that we have Kamala Harris as our Vice President now?
- (19:12) What’s at stake for us if we don’t get more involved at the local levels?
- (21:15) If you want to get more involved but don’t necessarily want to run for office, how do you do that?
- (33:28) Now that we’re past the general election, how do we keep this current energy going?
This was an amazing conversation and we’re so excited to share it with you! See you all next week!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices