This week’s guest host is creator and host of the Yo Quiero Dinero podcast, Jannese Torres-Rodriguez! Jannese got tired of her corporate job and decided to side hustle her way to financial independence. And now, with TEN streams of income, she’s been able to quit her job and do the things she loves. She’s here to share some of her journey with us this week. We’ll learn…
- Why Jannese left her six figure corporate job (9:43)
- How her time in corporate life prepared her for the very white, very male world of personal finance (14:21)
- Why getting into therapy was important for her journey (17:41)
And as much as we LOVE answering your questions, we decided to take a deep dive into Jannese’s TEN income streams instead. Her journey is so inspiring and it’s an honor to be able to share it with y’all. Check out the links below for more:
Happy BA Wednesday, this week’s special guest co-host is the fabulous Jamila Souffrant from Journey To Launch. It started as a blog initially, chronicling her expedition to reach financial independence. After one year of logging her transformational growth to Financial Independence, the blog piqued the interest of a larger audience which inspired the launch of the podcast of the same name. Jamila talks about:
- How a breakdown during a 3 hour commute started her journey (5:04)
- How she was able to leave a 6 figure 9-5 to become an entrepreneur (8:33)
- Navigating life as an entrepreneur and parent during a pandemic (36:28)
And we answer a great listener question about the smartest way to use inheritance money.
Check the links below for more:
This week’s guest host is the fantastic financial hype woman Berna Anat. Berna is a producer, speaker and Fin-fluencer (is that a thing?) dedicated to making financial literacy more funny, more accessible, and more Brown for young people everywhere. She’s got all kinds of wisdom to share this week like:
- How she got out from under 50k in debt (23:34)
- Going from a 9-5 to full time influencer (27:10)
She also helps answer some great listener questions about the balance between paying off debt and enjoying your income (36:07), and whether or not you should make your 401k deductions pre-tax (45:27).
Berna is on the internet everywhere @HeyBerna, and you can check out her website at heyberna.com
This week we’re joined by special guest host Chris Browning. Chris is the host of Popcorn Finance, a podcast where he discusses finance in about the time it takes to make a bag of popcorn. He’s also the co-host of This is Awkward, where he and his co-host Allison Baggerly help people with their awkward money problems. We dig into some good stuff this week like:
- After we get past financial survival/protection mode, what are the new rules to follow?
- What kind of life insurance is best?
- What happens when you’ve budgeted my whole income and you still can’t find the cash to save or invest?
Chris has some big shoes to fill and he did a fantastic job. Enjoy!
Check out the links below for more:
Tiff is, after this episode, taking a much needed and well deserved break. We thought it was important to have a talk about why this is okay and necessary to do. And we have a talk about shifting your mindset away from simply survival, once your financial safety net is set up. You’ll also hear:
- (27:29) – This is the 100th anniversary of The Tulsa Massacre. We have a quick guest appearance to explain what happened, and why it still matters today
- (40:56) – An important listener question: “how do we deal with inflation?”
- (50:55) – Is it reckless for a 50 year old single mom to be thinking about a year off from Corporate America?
Check out the links below for more:
Kevin’s Book: https://www.amazon.com/Burning-Blueprint-Rebuilding-Century-Silence/dp/1736666703
Kevin’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/buildingbread/?hl=en
Canadian company Knix Wear raises $53 million while disqualifying investors who questioned CEO’s pregnancy: https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canadian-company-knix-wear-raises-53-million-while-disqualifying-investors-who-questioned-ceo-s-pregnancy-1.5436656
Buckhead restaurant manager responds after claims of racism by Hawks legend Dominique Wilkins: https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/dominique-wilkins-racism-claims-le-bilboquet-buckhead/85-2d51510a-0279-4d13-80f7-4371f8c52747
UNC’s rejection of Nikole Hannah-Jones and the opacity of academic tenure in America: https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/unc-s-rejection-nikole-hannah-jones-opacity-academic-tenure-america-ncna1268421
Buy Nikole Hannah-Jones’ book: https://www.amazon.com/1619-Project-New-Origin-Story/dp/0593230574/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Nikole+Hannah-Jones&qid=1621984286&sr=8-1