Let’s talk about the housing market. Will there be another housing crash like there was after 2008? Is now a good time to buy a house? What about refinancing? We talk about this and more, then we answer your questions like:
- If we get a second stimulus check, would it makes sense to spend a few hundred dollars on some stock while the the price is low?
- My grandfather gave me a car. Should I sell my old car or rent it out for extra income?
And check out the following links for more:
Lending Tree Refinance Calculator: https://www.lendingtree.com/home/mortgage/calculators/mortgage-refinance-calculator/
The Hertz bankruptcy and buying rental cars: https://twocents.lifehacker.com/get-ready-to-buy-a-rental-car-for-dirt-cheap-1843677823
More on Central Park Karen: https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/central-park-video-dog-video-african-american-trnd/index.html
Products that qualify for FSA funds: https://fsastore.com/
We got so many supportive messages from you all after last week’s show. Thank you!
This week we’re trying to figure out what summer might look like, when we might be back in our offices, and who will be the first people in our quarantine bubble. Then we’re answering your questions like:
- How do I handle closed credit cards to improve my credit score?
- I’m expecting a large lump sum of money, I need some advice on how to use it.
Check out the links below for more information:
Secured Credit Cards: https://www.magnifymoney.com/compare/secured-credit-cards/
Credit Builder Loans: https://www.self.inc/
Calculate your noodle Budget: https://thebudgetnistablog.com/noodle-budget-101-how-to-adjust-during-financial-crisis/
This week, Tiff got her house appraised, and the result came in mysteriously low. Wonder why that is? We also talk about the right (and wrong) ways to go about giving and receiving mentorship. Then, as always, we’re answering your questions like:
- My mom is 60 and is horrible with money. What can I do to help her?
- What was your most ridiculous or unnecessary online purchase since quarantine began?
- how often do you take naps during quarantine? Or is that even possible?
- Since the quarantine, do you eat at home or order out?
- have you had to delete people from social media due to their excessive posting about the virus?
- what’s the first thing you wanna do once quarantine has been lifted?
- what music are you listening to right now?
Check out these links for more:
The NY Time article Tiff mentioned: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/27/upshot/diversity-housing-maps-raleigh-gentrification.html
Erykah Badu vs Jill Scott: https://hypebeast.com/2020/5/jill-scott-erykah-badu-verzuz-battle-recap-stream
More battles on Insta @verzuztv
Last week, Mandi talked about having hard conversations, and this week, Tiffany had one! Listen in to find out more.
As always, we’re answering your questions, like:
-Since federal student loan payments have been waived until September, what should I do with the money that would normally go to my loan balance each month?
-What are some of the pros and cons of putting your money into a money market account?
-If now is a good time to invest, how do I start?
Check out these links for more:
This week we’re taking some time to check in on each other. We’re making hard phone calls and having hard conversations, and giving ourselves A BREAK.
We’re also answering questions like:
-what’s going on with this rent strike movement in New York?
-I’m trying to save for a house, but I have medical debt that I can’t afford to pay, what should I do?
Check out these links for more resources:
For pro bono financial planning work for underserved communities: https://www.onefpa.org/Pages/ProBonoPlanning.aspx
IRS info about the economic impact payments: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments
File for unemployment insurance: https://www.careeronestop.org/
Mortgage relief programs and tips: https://www.lendingtree.com/home/mortgage/pay-mortgage-amid-coronavirus-outbreak/
Guide for small biz owners impacted by Covid-19: https://www.lendingtree.com/business/emergency-business-loan-resources/