This week, we welcome a very special young entrepreneur who recently reached out to the show to tell us her story of clawing her way out of $80,000 worth of debt.
Tasha Danielle, 31, is a corporate accountant in Detroit and founder of Financial Garden, LLC, a financial literacy program that partners with Detroit-area businesses and nonprofits to bring financial literacy to public schools. Before she began working with schools, Tasha was like many 20-somethings who graduated at the height of the recession ? mired in student loan debt and already feeling like she was starting her career three steps behind because of her massive debt load.
Over the years, she overcame a broken engagement, job changes, and took drastic measures to not just maximize her income but minimize her spending to aggressively pay down her debt.
Tune in to hear how!
Today’s show is all about YOU, our lovely listeners. We’re shaking up our mail bag and answering your burning money and career questions.
Have a question? Hit us up at brownambitionpodcast.com.
We’re having a special guest soon to talk about ALL the documents you should have in order before you die…a will? Power of Attorney? What does that even mean anyway? We’ve got you covered. Send us your estate planning Qs and we’ll select a few to discuss on the show!
Here are a few resources we mentioned on today’s show:
- Medicaid for nursing home expenses (medicare.gov)
- Understanding long-term care insurance (AARP.com)
- The ultimate guide to student loan forgiveness (MagnifyMoney)
- Getting prequalified for personal loans for debt consolidation (MagnifyMoney)
- Bumble BFF feature (Bumble)
A packed show, per usual!
First up, we have some REAL TALK about insurance. It’s that thing we all know we need but don’t really talk about it until it’s too late. We’ll explain the basics of life insurance and offer tips on how to shop and compare policies. The site mentioned on the show is Policygenius.com, which you can use to shop and compare policies.
We also take a listener question about keeping credit cards at a $0 balance. Have a Q you want answered? Hit us up at brownambitonpodcast.com.
Other topics on today’s show:
- Looking for a job? Tune in to hear Mandi’s warning for job candidates who aren’t 100% truthful on their job applications.
- Happy Independence day Ghana! Here’s another excuse to read Mandi’s favorite book of the year ? Homegoing by Ghanian-American novelist Yaa Gyasi.
Do you know someone with an inspiring money or career story who would be a good guest for the show? Hit us up at email@example.com.
Happy Brown Ambition Wednesday!
On today’s show:
- Black Panther won the weekend and we are still processing y’all.
- We take a listener’s question about dealing with a collection bill after a hospital visit
- Shoutout to the kids of Parkland, FL who are rallying together to call for more gun control
- Mandi reveals the project management tool she can’t live without (Spoiler alert: it’s called Trello!)