We’re back after a brief absence (!) as Tiffany took an epic adventure to Aussieland.
On today’s show:
- Tiffany’s Australia trip wrap-up, including spending time with the founders of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Mandi’s half marathon win
- Tax reform! The GOP’s new tax reform plan is out. We’ll touch on how it might impact your wallet. To see a full summary of what the tax bill entails check out this MagnifyMoney guide.
- It’s Open Enrollment season and time for millions to choose a new health plan! Here’s the Obamacare plan comparison tool Tiffany talked about on the show: PolicyGenius
- Tiffany takes a break from American Airlines
- Mandi boosts Internet banks like Ally, which have the best rates for savings accounts.
- Listener Kai wants to know: Does it matter whether my statement balance or total balance on my credit card?
- Listener Vee wants to know: When I’m done saving for emergencies what comes next?
- Tiffany’s big Plutus Award win!
- Mandi’s shoutout to the employee who raised her hand and asked for a performance review off the normal review schedule at her company.
Happy 100th episode BA fam! Help us celebrate by leaving us a review on iTunes! xx
On today’s show, we talk about the sneaky little secret Mandi has been keeping. She’s a cash hoarder! And it’s finally time to start thinking beyond the basic savings account and 401(k) and exploring other ways to invest, which we’ll cover on today’s show.
Also, we take questions from two listeners. One wants to know if Acorns is really a good app for investing and another wants to know if she should remove herself as an authorized user on her husband’s credit card.
Note: Sorry in advance for the spotty audio. We use Skype and the company experienced serious service issues the night we recorded.
Happy Brown Ambition Wednesday!
On today’s show…
We take some of your burning credit card questions and reveal the little known truth about those free credit scores that so many sites and credit cards offer these days.
As promised, here’s the MagnifyMoney guide to getting your free credit score >
Please leave us a review while you’re here! It is such a huge help because it helps others find our show on iTunes.
Watching the latest sexual harassment bombshell unfold, this time in the face of media mogul Harvey Weinstein, has been another opportunity to reflect on the enormous courage it takes to speak up and speak out against harassment.
We also cover Jemele Hill’s recent suspension* by ESPN and the Dove Ad that is stirring up controversy.
Today’s questions both pertain to the murky world of secured credit cards.
Please hit us up at brownambitionpodcast.com. if you have a question for the show.
One more episode till 100!!!!
*Correction: Our bad. Jemele Hill was not fired but rather suspended. We’ve corrected our show notes.
Our hearts are with the victims of the senseless attack in Las Vegas, as well as our fellow Americans in Puerto Rico still struggling in the wake of hurricane Maria.
We talk a bit about these tragedies on today’s show and wanted to point out some ways you can help if you’re feeling so moved:
GoFundMe has a dedicated page for Las Vegas shooting-related fundraisers: https://www.gofundme.com/raise-funds/las-vegas-shooting
You can also show solidarity like the hundreds who stood in line for hours to donate blood this week by signing up to donate blood wherever you live: http://www.redcross.org/give-blood