The whole country is trying to figure out what to do about school for next year. Lots of parents are trying to make some really difficult decisions right now. What are you doing about school as some school districts return to in person classes? Hit us up and let us know what’s happening where you’re at.
And of course we’re answering your questions like:
- The interest rate on my high yield savings account dropped to 1% because of the pandemic. Is there a point where I should pull my money out?
- My boss wants to pay for a certification that would help me move up in my current field. But I hate my current field. How do I balance wanting to do the best for me and the guilt of feeling like I’m taking advantage of/misleading my current company?
And if you’re like Tiffany and you’re trying to find insurance, check out policygenius.com. You can find insurance there for basically anything.
How do you get into your zone of genius? Tiffany’s business coach has her whole team figuring out the intersection of what they’re good at and what they love doing. She’s already seeing returns. The point? Asking for help is baeeeeeee
And you all had some great questions for us this week like:
- The pandemic has made our income uncertain, would it be weird for us to move back in with my in laws?
- I got a job offer right out of school in the middle of this pandemic. But the company has said nothing about the current moment in BLM movement. Should I take this job?
- My company has said/done nothing in support of BLM, then sent a company wide letter asking people to be mindful of “certain conversations”. Should I say something?
Check out the links below for more info:
US Credit Card Debt is DOWN: https://www.cnbc.com/select/revolving-credit-debt-lowest-since-the-great-recession/
This week we’re doing something a little different. Instead of answering questions, we’re following up! Awhile back, a listener asked a question about negotiating salary during the pandemic. We gave her some advice, and this week she followed up to let us know how things went!
Also a few weeks back, Tiffany shared her story about learning what the drama triangle is. She talked about learning how to set boundaries and say no. A listener heard that story and wrote in to talk about her situation and how it helped. Check out the link below for more info on what the drama triangle is…
What is the drama triangle?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_XSeUYa0-8
Facebook post about home appraisal and racism: https://www.facebook.com/abbbbbbSH/posts/10157315957283671
Mandi is playing NO games in getting her house refinanced. Learn how to shop around and make the loan officers work for YOU.
On the flip side, if you’re having trouble keeping up with a mortgage payment, check out this guide to Covid-19 related mortgage help.
And finally we’re answering your questions, including:
- Are you familiar with a sou sou? Is it a ponzi scheme or pyramid scheme?
- I may not be able to give my job 2 weeks notice before I quit, what are your thoughts?
Read these resources below for more:
Mandi is taking concrete steps to handle racial disparities at work, Tiff is saying no to people who don’t deserve her time, and hello to all the new people listening from Spotify!
As mentioned on the show, here’s a list of 7 things employees can ask their companies to do in support of inclusivity now.
How do I get my money back after I’ve been scammed?
Check out these links for info on what you might be able to do about it:
And this week’s insta to follow is @karensgoingwild