In our first episode, we explain what ‘Brown Ambition’ is all about and tackle the question we’ve both been asking ourselves — when the hell is the right time to have a kid, anyway? Mandi explains what “white feminism” is all about, Tiffany calls for the end of the “Perm v. Natural” debate and both of us share our wins of the week. As if that wasn’t enough, Mandi offers 4 key tips to save on rent and Tiffany serves up a key strategy for new business owners.
Then, we’re joined by a VERY special guest — Dr. Imani Walker from Bravo’s Married to Medicine. She’s here to give us some SOLID tips for staying sane during this quarantine, since it doesn’t look like we’ll be getting out any time soon. We’re going to talk about:
- What is doomscrolling, and why should you stop?
- What’s the connection between the toilet paper shortage and anti-maskers?
- What are the things we can do to bring back a sense of normalcy and control in our lives?
- How do we learn to give ourselves a break?
- The value of Black folks talking so openly about therapy
- Why do we love our destructive habits so much?
It was an honor to have Dr. Imani on the show, and we hope you got something out of it like we did. To learn more about her, check out:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices